Styles: Behind the Ear (BTE)
TandemTM is a new CROS/BiCROS hearing instrument designed to overcome the difficulties associated with hearing in only one ear. The system picks up sounds on your poor ear side and transfers them to your better ear. Should you have hearing loss in your better ear, Tandem will also help you hear more of what is occurring on your better side.
The choice is yours
Tandem offers you the choice of two technology levels—Tandem 16 and Tandem 4—each providing a unique mix of impressive features designed to increase your confidence and freedom.
Benefits of hearing from both sides with Tandem
- Enhanced ability to participate more fully in conversations
- Greater awareness of your name being called with the opportunity to respond
- Improved perception of warning signals originating from your poor ear side
- Increased confidence when attending social functions
- Freedom to go where you’d like with the knowledge that you will not miss out
- Hear sounds originating on your poor ear side without turning your head
What’s the difference between CROS and BiCROS?
CROS – the transmitter hearing instrument (HI) microphone located on your poor ear picks up sound from that side of your head and sends it to the receiver HI on your better ear to hear.
BiCROS – the transmitter hearing instrument (HI) microphone located on your poor ear picks up sound from that side of your head and sends it to the receiver HI located on your better ear. Since the better ear has some hearing loss, a second microphone on the receiver HI picks up sound at the better ear and amplifies all sounds to help you hear more effectively.